Home Forums Lysander Owners Forum Technical

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    richardh

Hi there,
    Has any one got any ideas as to an alternative to the stretchy curtain chord and screw eyes from hardware stores, mine are starting to show rust after last season. My curtains are made with curtain heading tape in the traditional manor with curtain hooks hooked over the chord. six curtains for a standard Lysander.
    Thanks
    Richard.

admin
    Keymaster

When on a Norfolk Broads, our cruiser had a thin dowel to hold the curtains top and bottom (The curtains tucked behind the lower one)

Nigel
    Participant

Hello again everyone, we’re going to be painting soon so interior paint for our grp Lysander ideas please.
    The interior is as rough as a butchers so ideas to carm that down as well please?
    Best regards Nigel and Paula.

admin
    Keymaster

The inside of a grp boat is usually quite rough. I know mine is.
    Options are limited, I have considered a thickened epoxy and sanding it smooth, but the dust!!
    I have considered thick paint to try and fill the hollows, and I will probably end up with bilge paint on the hull and some form of cladding over the top. Either a foam or thin ply where the elbows and knees are likely to find the hull.

If you come up with anything else please share.
    🙂

[email protected]
    Participant

curtain track Dear Richard, I used an aluminium bar curtain track (so doesn’t rust) which has its own hooks which clip over the track, and then the curtain with standard ruflette tape fits on. I have the stretchy wire at the lower end of the curtain so that the curtain is held back against the side. This seems to work for me. John

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.